Problems With Aa Battery Chargers Uk Are Ni-MH Batteries Supposed To Reach 60 Degrees Celsius By The End Of Charging?

Are Ni-MH batteries supposed to reach 60 degrees Celsius by the end of charging? - problems with aa battery chargers uk

I have a hi-tech charger (says the box is a microprocessor-controlled charger. Accused of four batteries, has four separate channels (one for the battery) and uses the delta peak negative dV / dt = 0 charge termination detection. It also has an LCD screen that gives me the charge state of individual cells) during charging. The problem is that the battery very hot during charging. I connected a temperature sensor on my multimeter, and here the battery temperature (degrees Celsius) I have at intervals of 5 minutes, during the charging process:

Time / min --- Temp / C
0 21 \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ u0026lt - loading started
5 24
10 27
15 29
20 31
25 32
30 34
35 36
40 37
45 39
50 40
55 41
60 43
65 44
70 45
75 46
80 47
85 50
90 55
95 58 \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ u0026lt;-Full Load
100 57
105 53
110 49
115 38

The last four values are required if the charger (ie load full load) and cool the batteries in the charger. As you can see, the temperature rose steadily over the cargo, and grew rapidly in the late charge to reach 58 degrees Celsius, if the court free loader. The batteries are two things completely discharged 2300 mAh Ni-MH produced by GP.

Is this normal behavior for the Charger so late? Something tells me that the battery is fried ...
Can I have something better in this configuration?

I tried a 120mm fan placed on your computer case, said battery to a charger, and keeping the temperatureconstant 27 degrees Celsius (at the end of the load), and the pay is more than 1.5-fold. Comments?

The charger is as follows: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fast-Smart-Charger ...

3 comments:

Numbat said...

I doubt that damage the batteries. Unless is a breakdown of the case, I suspect that the temperature in the cell remains design. To put this into perspective, it is far below the boiling point of water.

GAGANMEE... said...

Yes, it must be

Bazzman_... said...

they can become very hot, be careful when you load it, I also have to initiate a PC 60mm fans on them, but I use the manual and use 2700mAh and 0.2 amps, it takes 3 hours and say that it 30 degrees. I am using 0.1 A for 6 hours on an end loading. we can calculate the costs, but 0.2 more things. Cheers

Post a Comment